Nintendo has updated the sales figures of its exclusive titles for Nintendo Switch, revealing that as of June 30, 2019 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold 17.89 million copies, while Super Mario Maker 2 sold 2.42 million copies. Consider that the latter was launched on June 28, 2019, so the figure is even more impressive given that those sales were made in just two days.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe also did very well, selling 4.10 million copies despite the fact that it was launched in an unexceptional period (early January). Also noteworthy is the figure of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which reached 14.73 million copies sold, coming dangerously close to Super Mario Odyssey (14.94 million copies sold).
Also noteworthy are the sales of Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! that, despite the criticisms of the most avid fans, they reached 10.98 million.
Globally, 210.13 million Nintendo Switch games have been sold since the console was launched. Let's see the list of the ten best-selling first party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17.89 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 14.94 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 14.73 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.61 million
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! – 10.98 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.02 million
- Super Mario Party – 6.99 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.10 million (launched 10 January 2019)
- 1-2 Switches – 3.01 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.75 million