Tutorial to learn how to delete contacts from the Telegram messaging app
How to delete contacts from Telegram
The method to delete contacts in Telegram is quite simple, although yes, if we want to delete more than one contact we will have to do it one by one, since there is no option to do it in a group. On the other hand, it will also be necessary to have a open chat with the contact to delete; if you don’t have a chat window open with the contact you want to delete, simply open a chat window with that person through the contact list; do not suffer, that contact will not know that you have opened a new conversation window unless you write something. Follow the steps below to delete a contact from Telegram:
- Access the chat of the contact you want to delete.
- Inside the chat touch the name of said user at the top to open the contact options window.
- Click on Delete contact.
- Confirm that you want to delete this contact.
This way you will have deleted the contact from your Telegram contact list, although the conversation will remain visible in the general chat list from Telegram; His name will appear in the place of the name of said contact phone number.
How to delete the deleted user’s chat
After deleting the Telegram contact, you surely want delete the conversation with said user. Follow the steps below to delete the conversation:
- Access the conversation you want to remove from your chat list.
- Click on the user icon chat to display the options menu.
- Click on the option Delete chat.
- Confirm that you want to delete that conversation by clicking on Delete chat.
Before you permanently delete the chat you have the option to delete this conversation also for the other user checking the box Also remove for X (X will be the name of said user). Now you can confirm the deletion by clicking on Delete chat.